Our most recent summer trip was our third time coming to Mykonos and I can confirm that it is such a fun island and you really can make whatever you want out of your experience. There are some real agricultural gems, and low key beaches that make Mykonos a good spot for families and of course it’s amazing sans kids. My itinerary is built around a few key elements - how long do we have and what’s the level of partying you want. So here are a few sample itineraries because I’m assuming you will fall into one of these categories.
BFFS TRIP PARTYING ON A BUDGET
Here is a perfect 5 day trip plan for the ultimate friends trip. Mykonos knows how to party like no other place so get ready to have a fun-filled week eating the best food and drinking endless wine by the sea. One thing to note is that everywhere (besides Kikis) needs reservations. I only use Beyond Mykonos to book all our reservations and any other excursions we do during our stay. They are a concierge service that can accommodate all of your needs while in Mykonos. They always get the best tables at restaurants and have connections everywhere. Our trip to Mykonos would not be the same without using Beyond!
Subscriber Benefit: When you use Beyond Mykonos services mention code HBFIT20 while coordinating your trip with them for 20% off their services.
Where to Stay:
Personally, I think it’s really fun to rent a villa for the trip and split the cost amongst all your friends. You can get some really nice villas for a decent price and it sometimes ends up being cheaper than staying in a hotel. However, if you’re looking for some party friendly hotels here are my recommendations:
- Branco Mykonos ($$)
- Cavo Tagoo ($$$)
- The first day is your day to go hard and party it up. If you are coming from the US you will need to adjust to the time zone and napping is a no no so why not party the day away.
- Go to hotspot Spillia for a fun lunch. It’s located beside Kalafatis beach on a set of cliffs and has amazing views. The food is amazing and super fresh. Spillia has two vibes, you can either have a boozy, fun lunch sitting by the sea or a relaxed vibe if you’re sitting upstairs.
- For dinner check out one of the restaurants in Ornos port. It’s a cute atmosphere and there are great walk in restaurants that won’t break the bank. Or visit one of our favorites Katrin in old town. The food is so good and it's a cozy atmosphere.
- Start your morning off with local pastries from Pierre Mykonos. It’s the best bakery in town and will help you recover.
- Walk around town with your pastry and coffee. There’s some great shopping in Mykonos so make sure you don’t miss out!
- Spend the rest of the day drinking wine by the pool or hit up a beach club.
- You could make a late lunch reservation at Scorpios and stay for the party there - it usually ends at midnight so a 4pm reservation with a turn up starting at sunset is the vibe
- Stop by Kikis for lunch and then have a chill beach day. Kikis is one of my favorite lunch spots in Mykonos. It’s walk-in only so I recommend going early so you can get a table. The service is amazing and the food is so fresh and delicious. It’s very small and authentic greek.
- After lunch there is a beautiful beach beside Kikis called Agios Sostis beach. It’s a public beach and very quiet compared to other beaches on the island.
- Maybe splurge for a dinner at Noema or Zuma
- End your day with dinner in the port and then head to Interni for drinks and dancing post dinner.
- Spend the morning in town shopping and exploring
- Go to Alemagou for a late lunch and stay partying for the afternoon and into nighttime
- Alemagou is a restaurant that we always go to when we’re in Mykonos and ready for a party vibe. It's so fun!!
- Spend the rest of the night party hopping in Mykonos and seeing where the night takes you! It’s always fun to leave one night open
- The best way to spend your last day is at Hippie Fish all day
- I recommend renting daybeds, chilling and drinking rose all day
- Make a dinner reservation there and then stay into nighttime for their party
COUPLES TRIP WITH A BIT OF PARTY AND RECOVERY
Every couples trip needs a good mix of R&R and partying. Here is my guide to the ultimate couples trip. We stayed at Kalesma and loved it. It’s on the more expensive side but if you are planning for some R&R it is totally worth investing in a nice atmosphere. The rooms are gorgeous and the hotel has beautiful sunset views.
HBFIT subscriber perk - when you book your stay subscribers use code Kalesma-HBFIT to get one complimentary lunch or dinner for two during your stay
Other hotel recommendations:
- Boheme Hotel ($)
- Anax Hotel ($$)
- Santa Marina ($$$)
- Rent a boat for the day and go to Spillia for a late lunch
- Have a chill dinner at your hotel or villa. So many hotels in Mykonos have great hotel restaurants so don’t sleep on trying yours out! We loved the restaurant at Kalesma.
- Make a reservation at Santa Marina Buddah Bar for lunch and spend the day swimming and enjoying their beachfront. Their restaurant has delicious sushi and is beautiful. Santa Marina also has a great luxury spa, Gingko, if you feel like treating yourself to a couples massage!
- Head to Scorpios for dinner and stay for the late night party after
- Reserve beach chairs at Princepote all day. This luxurious beach club makes the perfect day.
- Have dinner at Zuma. They have amazing cocktails and really good sushi. If you feel like going out post dinner I suggest checking out Jackie O’s. They have nightly drag shows and it’s usually a fun night out.
- Spend the morning shopping in town, Mykonos has some great shopping but warning that it is very expensive.
- Rent day beds at Nammos for a boozy lunch. It is very expensive so if you don’t want to spend on lunch you can go for drinks around 5pm when the party starts.
- If you want a chill dinner for your last night I suggest going to La Maison de Katrine in town. The service is amazing and the food is even better. Warning - it is pricey but a nice way to end your trip!
**Another lunch spot to check out is Kikis. It’s a no frills restaurant that is walk in only so put your name in and chill at the beach it's on with some beers while you wait!
FAMILY TIME BUT PARENTS NEED A NIGHT OFF TOO
Mykonos is known for partying, but it is also a family friendly place. We’ve done Mykonos twice now with Preston and it’s the best. We are fortunate enough to have a nanny with us when we travel andI know not everyone has child care while traveling so I outline some great recommendations below! Family time is tricky but not impossible!
Where to Stay:
- Casa Del Mar ($$$)- this hotel is very family friendly and we stayed here with Preston. Their beach is very mellow and great for kids to play without all the partying. If you’re like me and your kid takes a 3 hour nap in the middle of the day this hotel is great because you can chill at the beach with the monitor. The rooms are only a 2 min walk to the beach!
- The Wild Hotel ($$)
- Semeli Hotel ($)
Best beach clubs that are family friendly:
- Santa Marina
- Hippie Fish
- Kikis Beach
Best places for dinner that are kid friendly:
- Chez Katherine
- Scorpios - go on a party night (it’s over by midnight so kinda ideal for a parent turn up)
Fun kid activities:
- Funbox is a kids indoor jungle gym which is great to escape the heat
- Rizes Mykonos is an awesome farm with a restaurant and animals that your little one can pet and interact with.
- Walk and shop around town
- Beach days